Welcome to Virginia Tech India Center for Advanced Research and Education. (VT, India).
We are an extended arm of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, popularly known as Virginia Tech, a public, land grant Research University. VT India is a ‘Not for Profit’ entity duly Registered under Indian Laws. Our proposed activities have three important facets - Advanced Research, Professional education and Outreach.
We focus on Interdisciplinary research in selected areas of science and Technology of relevance to the global and Indian community. We encourage our researchers to create opportunities for novel industries, robust job growth and enhanced human capabilities.
Our Educational initiatives aim towards upgradation of the Knowledge and Skills of students, staff and Corporate professionals.
We have an active Outreach Programme focusing on rural development, gender equality and sustainability.
We welcome everyone to join us in the above sphere of activities and together we can create a New global and Indian Vision.
Director - VT India
VT India aims to be a premier institution advancing transformative research, education, and lifelong learning and promoting economic development that improves quality of life and preserves natural resources.
- Conduct cutting-edge research in select areas that builds on Virginia Tech's strengths and maximizes synergies with partner organizations in India
- Ensure that projects are consistent and compatible with the strategic vision of Virginia Tech
- Promote student and faculty exchanges to maximize ongoing research and education projects
- Engage industry leaders and working professionals to help upgrade their skills, allowing for career advancement and retention of jobs in a highly competitive environment
- Work towards outcomes that spawn innovation and promote industrial growth and economic development
- Maintain an emphasis on rural development